Sunday, March 21, 2010

First Thoughts: SGA Blog

Welcome back from Spring Break everybody! I hope everyone made it back in good health and in good standing with the law.

This afternoon I decided it was about time to upload all the Senate Resolutions and the appropriation report to the Samford facebook page. Well, this is a bit problematic as one can only post pictures, videos, or weblinks. So as I began contemplating different ways to link the documents to the facebook page, I thought about how it might be possible if they were uploaded to a blog. Then the further uses of having an SGA blog started to make sense to me.

We as an SGA have been looking for sometime how to better connect to students, and in my opinion facebook and twitter just aren't cutting it. They definitely have their own uses, but are really just a little too concise and impersonal. If we had a blog, however, then each officer in SGA could give their own personal input from time to time and hopefully people would feel a little more connected since they can give comments back. Eventually once students link it to their own blogs we might even have some pretty solid debates, and maybe get this linked to the original (horrendously out of date) SGA website.

So this may turn out to be a complete bust, but I think it's worth a shot. To kick off the blog I will now begin with my original purpose of uploading all the Senate Resolutions and the appropriation report.

Keep it classy,

Sam


Sam Dickerson
Vice President for Senate
Samford University SGA

No comments:

Post a Comment