Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Commencement



Well, we've made it! Another year, and for many a college career, has come to a close.

Graduates, we love you and we will miss you, but we are excited about the awesome things the future holds for you. Never forget what you have learned here (especially what you learned outside of the classroom) and never sell yourselves short of your potential. It is far better to overestimate yourself and occasionally fail than to underestimate yourself and always wonder what might of been. There is no doubt that you have contributed tremendously to Samford over the past four years, and for that I am extremely grateful. We would not be where we are today without those who went before us, so thank you for paving the way.

Rising Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores, best of luck on whatever your summer plans may be. Those of you who are traveling, stay safe and be sure to spread some Samford pride wherever you go. Hopefully you will be able to get a little rest, reorganize your thoughts over the summer, and prepare yourself for one of the best years Samford's ever seen when we get back in the fall. I can't wait to see all of you again, and I can't express how excited I am about the upcoming year. If there's anything that you want SGA to be working on during the summer please let me know, and if you are ever in Birmingham during the summer please swing by the SGA office and say hey (I'll probably be here).

Freshmen, on behalf of the entire student body let me say how excited I am that you are going to be joining us in the fall. Your next four years are going to be some of the most exciting and fun years of your life, so prepare yourselves. If there's anything that we as a student government can do to make your transition run any more smoothly please don't hesitate to let me know. I am looking forward to meeting all of you at the summer orientations in just a few short weeks.

Transfer and graduate students, don't think we've forgotten about you. You're just as much a part of this campus as anyone else. Welcome to the family, I look forward to knowing you.

To everyone I've mentioned above and anyone I may have missed, as we've stated repeatedly since we've been elected, SGA is here to serve you. If anyone has any problem at all that they would like us to take care of (as major as getting new facilities or as minor as making sure that laxatives are readily available on campus in the fall) please don't hesitate to let me or any of the other officers know.

Have a blessed and safe summer, and start preparing yourselves for the awesomeness that next year holds.

All the best,

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment